Sunday, June 1, 2008

A love type thing, A sure type thing.

"That can't eat, can't sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, world series kind of love."

I don't usually learn a life lesson based on anything Mary Kate or Ashley Olsen do, but this line from It Takes Two has really taught me something about myself and opened my eyes to the importance of expectations and not giving up on Love.

I have to admit, I'm not a baseball person. The thought of there being 9 segments of play-time in one game kind of freaks me out in itself, let alone the mere fact that 50-year-old, balding, beer-bellying men are able to participate in this "sport" is beyond me. So I guess it should flow naturally that I've never experienced that world-series love feeling. Trust me, I've had my fair share of guys striking out and fouling ball-ing in my past. And definitely a few tobacco-chewing jerks leaving a bad taste in my mouth-- not the best analogy, but the thought of tobacco does evoke certain un-friendly emotions haha :)

I guess it's safe to say no home-runs in this outfield. Only half-love, kind of like, "have feelings for" boys playing with my emotions, not man enough to hit the ball, bite the bullet and commit to something that could be extraordinary. A whole bunch of nothings, strung into something that looking back, sometimes I regret starting at all.

But then again, I don't. Because as cliche as it sounds, when I do experience the Over the fence kind of love, I'll know it's real and something worth hanging onto. The Can't eat, can't sleep feeling will be a good and true thing that I have been waiting for-- instead of a sinking feeling in my stomach over another un-worthy batter... not willing to put it all out on the line.

So until then, I'll let the Big Umpire upstairs guide my life and guard my heart as I watch this game unfold. Minus the peanuts and Cracker Jack-- Bring on the Dodger Dogs!-- And give some to my friends Mary-Kate and Ashley. They taught me about love and I will enlighten them about a little thing I like to call FOOD.

No comments: